13th ‘POR CARACOLES’ Short Film Festival
Seville (Spain), 15th to 20th June 2015
Sala El Cachorro and Camara Lenta Cultural Association present
13th ‘Por Caracoles’ Short Film Festival
RULES OF COMPETITION
- Only films produced during 2013, 2014 or 2015 are due to be eligible for the contest. Any work which been already presented in previous editions are not allowed to participate.
- Topics, genre and recording format are not subject to limitations. All kind of works are welcome to participate from fictional short films, to documentaries or musicals. However there is only one restriction that all the entries must abide by (see point number 3 below for further information).
- According to the Committee philosophy and principles, works that show firearms in its footage will be automatically disqualified from this competition. The Organization is firmly stick to this principle as a small gesture to promote a culture of peace. The Committee understands that weapons and guns have an excessive presence in media discourse nowadays.
- Films length can’t exceed more than 16 minutes of footage (credits sequence included). All non-Spanish speaking films must include subtitles or have no dialogues in it.
- Contestants can submit their works using online video links in platforms such as Vimeo, Youtube or similar. This link (and its access password if appropriate) must be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or via UpToFest platform.
Please be aware that providing a link for an online screening is indispensable in order to take part in this competition. Submissions that only have a download link attached won´t be eligible at this part of the selection process. Download links may be requested afterwards (see point 9 below).
- Deadline for entries is set on 8th May 2015.
- Applicants must include a detailed production credits and a short film plot description with their submissions. Telephone number and email address are also required to participate.
- The committee will make a selection from all the submitted films to be showed in venue during all the festival sessions. By the end of the month of May, the organizers will notify by email to the contestants if their works are chosen.
- Before submitting an online screening and once their works have been chosen, the selected contestants are also committed to supply an download link of their works to the committee. The file’s resolution must be fine enough to show it properly on big screen.
- The festival has two different sections this year: Official (competitive) and Off Caracoles (out of competition). The works participating in official section are to be shown from 15th to 20th of June. Off Caracoles screenings will take place during the month of August although specific dates haven´t been set yet. If contestants want to participate exclusively in the competitive section, they must clarify it in their submissions. Otherwise, the committee will understand that the submitted work can be part of the Off Caracoles section.
- In Official section, a jury comprised by people related to Sevilla cultural sphere will award the best work with the Por Caracoles best short film prize. This award consists in an amount of cash that will come from all the profit generated from snails tapas sales during the screenings sessions (production costs will be deducted beforehand).
- There are also two other special prizes: the Caracol del Público prize which decision falls entirely to the public at the screening sessions, and the Caracol de la Tierra prize this one addressed to productions made in Sevilla by authors who were born or are currently living in the city. In any case either of this two special mentions conveys a cash compensation. (nope) but a hand-crafted snail-shaped trophy from Triana’s traditional pottery. In any case this two awards can be given to the same production, if so, another Seville production will be chosen to be awarded with the Caracol de la Tierra.
- All the submitted works will become part of Cámara Lenta Cultural Association video collection. The association will be entitled to project any of the works in cultural activities developed by this institution. Cámara Lenta is committed to inform to any of the responsible people involved in the submitted works about this non-commercial purposes screenings.
- All the participants must uphold the terms outlined in this present regulation. The committee reserves the right to modify any of the points depicted above, in any case the valid version of this terms of regulation can check the official website (http://cortosporcaracoles.com)